It is advisable to create a small Safe to get acquainted with and to familiarize yourself with this Safe with SimpleumSafe. Since you can create as many Safes as you wish, this does not affect the data transferred by DocWallet.
We offer a 50% discount to all DocWallet users when you purchase SimpleumSafe for macOS. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and send a suitable proof (purchase receipt).
Create a Safe for the DocWallet data
It’s a good idea to take over the data on a Mac
- Create a Safe
- Export your DocWallet data (read more below)
- Open the created Safe in SimpleumSafe
- Import your DocWallet data (read more below)
If you also want to use the data on an iPhone/iPad or another Mac, set up the synchronization (e.g. iCloud).
- Open the settings and choose Synchronization
- Select as synchronization type: iCloud
- Start the first synchronization (can take some time depending on the amount of data on the first synchronization)
- Set up synchronization on other devices.
FAQ: Mac: create new Safe and set up synchronization – first steps
Video: iCloud set up
Export your DocWallet data and import it into SimpleumSafe
To keep the files encrypted while exporting, they can use SimpleumSafe’s “secure temporary storage”.
Please note that this is limited to 500 MB for the AppStore version. With the version from the Simpleum store the size can be adjusted.
- Open DocWallet
- Select all files in DocWallet (e.g. Command + A)
- Export all files to the “temp” folder. To do this, right click on the selected files and select “Export… “, then select the “temp” folder and execute export.
- Open the safe that was previously created in SimpleumSafe
- Select all files in the “temp” folder
- Drag & drop your files in the opened Safe