Show a screen saver after a given time to protect your on screen content. Even set a password so nobody can get into your Mac while you are away.
How to fix it
macOS 10.11 – 11.0
- Go to “System Preferences” > “Desktop & Screen Saver”
- Click the Screen Saver tab. Screen savers appear on left side of the window, and a preview of the selected screen saver appears on the right.
- In “Start after” choose an suitable time. 5 or 10 Min is ok. (depends on your environment)
- Ensure in the Screen saver options, that your computer name is not shown.
Require a password after the screen saver begins
- Go to “System Preferences” > “Security & Privacy” > “General”
- “Require Password” xx seconds. Choose “immediately”.
Keep in mind: not every security and privacy setting is suitable for everyone. Enhancing the security can lead in losing functionality and/or comfort.
Before making changes, please backup your Mac! Do not make too many change at once. After changing your Mac, check if your normal usage of your Mac has changed in a way which fits to you. Are your really willing to loose some functionality and/or comfort?
Most important is, that you learn and understand what are the advantages and disadvantages of the security settings and that you are aware about the capabilities and risks of your Mac configuration.
To skip this result message from your next security scan, you can deactivate this check. FAQ: How to deactivate a check.
CHECK RESULTS BY SIMPLEUMCHECK DO NOT COVER ALL ASPECTS OF POSSIBLE SECURITY CHECKS OR MAYBE INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE. THE RESULTS ARE ONLY CLUES FOR RECOMMENDATIONS TO IMPROVE SECURITY AND PRIVACY ON THE MAC.
The use of SimpleumCheck, the checks and FAQ articles are provided under the SimpleumCheck Terms and Conditions.